Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Favorite Subject




I take a lot of pictures.  All my friends and family know that if I'm around, I'm going to be toting my camera and its going to be pointed at them at one point or another.   I really enjoy photographing kids, especially mine.  Kids are fun to shoot because they're so expressive.  They are also quite challenging because they move around so often and quickly.  Out of the thousands of photos I've shot, I'd say that 90% of them are of Darius.  I'm a shameless Poppa-razzi.  Every single photo I take of him is great.  Not because I'm a great photographer, but because the kid doesn't take a bad picture. I'm a proud father, what would you expect me to say? 

I hadn't posted this week, so I decided to take a few pictures tonight.   My model was watching his favorite show, Curious George, so I knew he wouldn't be running around like usual.  I quickly set up my softbox and snapped off a few shots.  As usual, he was completely locked onto the TV and wouldn't give so much as a glance in my camera's direction.  Then all of the sudden he became very interested, in other words George was over. He snapped out of his trance, started climbing on my light stand, turning knobs and  grabbing at my camera.  Guess this photo session is over.


Under the spell of Curious George

No comments:

Post a Comment